Thursday, December 15, 2011

Evaluation and Feedback

After finishing my animation I should now evaluate it, and look at how I worked throughout the weeks.

There were alot of issues with members of the group not being in, and they all had important roles that were needed for the animation to be produced, however I think that under the circumstances I had I worked well. All of the Pre-Production documentation was finished quickly, so this meant that when the whole group was finally in we were able to do the animation without worrying about anything else.

I think I could have planned ahead more with the actual production of the animation, as I was relying alot on the other members of the group being in. Next time I have to do a group project, I will come up with a back up plan just incase my group are unable to come in and I need to produce something with half of my people gone. On the documentation side I worked well and finished it all quickly and to a high quality which allowed me to focus on the animation once the group was in which made it better.

I think that the overall quality of the animation is decent, with the fact that it was forced to be last minute as it took time to get the whole group in to do it, this could have been avoided if I had come up with a backup plan and done the animation sooner, as there would have been less need to rush and get it done quickly. I will see what other people say about my animation before writing it off completely, as it is still a decent animation. I will start by showing the clip to my class, as it would be good to hear what they think, i'll then wait for others to view my video and get some input from people who don't know me, this input will perhaps be the most valuable as it will be completely unbiased and what they truly think.

At first I showed the video to the class, there was only one comment about the animation, which was raising the point of the grass moving in the background, however, the grass was meant to be moving in the animation as it gives it an outdoor feeling, this was the only feedback I got from the class so there was nothing to work with. I then posted the video on Youtube and Facebook for a broader range of comments, the general feedback was good from facebook was good and they didn't have anything to say about how i could improve the animation, although there weren't that many people overall. I showed the video to people in person and the majority thought it could not be improved on, there were a couple of comments however, regarding the E4 logo at the end, it was a bit blotchy where the animator hadn't filled it in before starting doing the white, this problem although minor had a big effect on the end of the animation, as the whole point of the sting was to show the E4 logo and it was blotchy. Next time i'm doing an animation with a group I will make sure to remember this and make sure the animator draws everything correctly, and make sure the camera man is keeping an eye out for mistakes rather than just rushing and taking the photo as soon as possible. This has been the most useful feedback as it's the little things like this which can have the biggest part of the overall feel of the animation.

The audience response from class and from the internet was all good, this is a good thing, although isn't very useful when trying to find faults and see if there is a way to improve. Showing the animation to friends in person did get some good feedback and has helped me see what I've done wrong, which will stop me making the same mistake in the future on a bigger project.

Our group got a distinction with the animation and overall i'm happy with the quality, even if the logo at the end isn't perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment